Saturday, July 15, 2006

Pineapple-Weed

Common Name: Pineapple-Weed
Latin Name: Matricaria discoidea

You may never notice this plant if it weren't for all the running track at schools, which seems to be the only place I ever see these growing except for cracks. The cool thing about this plant is that the name it has, has everything to do with the fact that it smells like Pineapple. Just pluck one of the flowers, squish it's head by rolling it with your fingers then smell the flower. It smells just like Pineapple. It's actually edible as well, but since you don't know anything about where the plant came from I wouldn't suggest eating it.

Blooms: May to September
(Picture taken June 27th 2005)

2 Comments:

Blogger IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

Hi I totally dig your blog. It's really cool. I am going to keep checking back. Thanks for the education. xoxoxo ITBK

7:08 PM  
Blogger Info Girl said...

I'm glad you like it, it's something I've been working towards for a while.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home